Brett J. Mathieson, CPA
630-653-1616 Ext: 455 • bmathieson@MMAadvisors.com
Brett is a partner at Mathieson, Moyski, Austin & Co., LLP with more than fifteen years of public accounting experience. He has a wide range of familiarity with individual and corporate taxation. Brett works with clients across many industries with specializations in real estate, construction, and professional services. Brett prides himself on being an extension of his clients team, working closely with them to accomplish their goals. A partnership with a client goes far beyond preparing a tax return or financial statement. Being a small business owner himself, Brett knows the many hats a small business owner has to wear and helps his clients work through the big decisions they have to make.
A graduate of Indiana University Kelley School of Business, Brett has a B.S. in business with majors in accounting, finance and international studies, and with a minor in criminal justice.
Professional and Civic Organizations
• Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Member of Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society (ICPAS)
• Wheaton Chamber of Commerce−Treasurer (2012 - 2014), Vice-President, 2015, President, 2016, Immediate Past-President, 2017, Ambassador, 2018 to present
• One of the founding members of the Young Professional Group, Wheaton Chamber of Commerce
• President of the Wheaton Police Pension Fund Board
• Treasurer of the Student Excellence Foundation for Wheaton-Warrenville District 200
Family life and hobbies
"I spend most of my free time with my wife Betsy and three children. I enjoy coaching any sport they are involved in and going on family outings whether it is ice skating and skiing in the winter or golfing and swimming in the summer."