Mathieson Moyski and Austin Co., LLP, offers a paid internship experience to select accounting students during tax season, January through April. Interns work closely with staff and partners on current client assignments. The objective is to provide real-time experience in all types of accounting work in the public accounting forum with a focus on tax assignments.
The intern’s duties include but are not limited to;
- Full tax return preparation for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations
- Preparing a tax recap sheet for 1040 clients
- Exposure to audit engagements
- Monthly accounting and reconciliation of corporate accounts
- Miscellaneous office filing and data entry
Our interns are trained and use a variety of software, including UltraTax, AdvanceFlow, and SurePrep; Practice CS; QuickBooks Online and Desktop; GoFileRoom; Excel, and Word.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office 365
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Depending on the assignment, there may be local travel to clients in the DuPage County area. Work hours during tax season are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and (beginning in February) Saturdays from 8:00 to 2:00 p.m. With the understanding that an intern may have remaining college courses to complete and school is a priority, the firm is flexible around academic responsibilities. Should the candidate have additional hours available, work may be expanded to enrich the intern’s experience.
Mathieson, Moyski, Austin & Co, LLP, is a full-service accounting and financial services firm based in Wheaton, IL. The firm works with individuals and closely-held businesses, offering tax, audit, and accounting services. MMA & Co. has served the western suburbs, the Chicagoland area, and beyond since 1987. For more information about the firm, visit www.MMAadvisors.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com