We are an established, growing public accounting and financial services firm in the northwestern and western suburbs of Chicago seeking a full-time tax manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone with management experience in public accounting, an affinity for client service and the ability to contribute to a team.
At MMA, we pride ourselves on becoming trusted business advisors to our clients. We do this by providing the expert advice and leading-edge solutions you would expect from a larger firm, coupled with an unwavering commitment to providing prompt and personalized service. We understand that our clients are unique, and we tailor our approach and services accordingly.
- Prepare and review corporate, partnership and individual tax returns
- Prepare and review financial statement compilations and reviews
- Serve as primary contact for clients, working directly with them to help them meet their goals
- Help business owners grow and enhance the value of their companies
- Supervise, manage and schedule client engagements, bringing work to point of completion in accordance with deadlines and budgets
- Train and mentor senior accountants and other staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Successful completion of the CPA or EA exam
- Minimum 7 years of relevant public accounting experience in tax
- Understand the importance of complying with deadlines and schedules
- Adept at technology and accounting software; knowledge of Thomson Reuters CS Professional Suite a plus (UltraTax, Practice CS, AdvanceFlow, GoFileRoom)
- Knowledge of SurePrep and SafeSend Returns, a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with a team and able to work independently
- Committed to professional development and willingness to contribute to the growth of the firm
- Be dedicated to providing personalized attention and service
- Be a proactive and strategic solution provider
- Be a relationship builder
- Be a collaborative team player
- Be trustworthy
- Be kind
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers choice of three different health insurance plans, dental and vision insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance, up to four weeks paid time off (PTO) your first full year, seven paid holidays and one floating holiday, support for continuing professional education (CPE) and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) with a matching employer contribution. Our office is family-friendly, offering opportunities to work both in the office or remotely, with flex-time schedules and summer hours available.
The role offers variety and an opportunity to progress within the firm and the accounting profession. Mathieson, Moyski, Austin & Co. is deeply committed to our employees, our clients and the communities we serve. To learn more about how you might fit in as a valued member of our team, please contact Jennifer Grealish at email@example.com, 630-315-9461.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org