We are a growing public accounting and financial services firm in the western suburbs of Chicago seeking a full-time staff accountant to join our Accounting and Advisory Services team.
At MMA, we pride ourselves on becoming trusted business advisors to our clients. We do this by providing the expert advice and leading-edge solutions you would expect from a larger firm, coupled with an unwavering commitment to providing prompt and personalized service. We understand that our clients are unique, and we tailor our approach and services accordingly.
The Client Accounting and Advisory Services position is responsible for providing bookkeeping, accounting, financial statements, and basic business tax reporting, as listed below.
- Build strong working relationships with clients.
- Effectively document work.
- Identify and communicate client and engagement issues as well as progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Work as an effective team member to accurately complete components and tasks, including:
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing monthly payroll and journal entries.
- Preparing quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparing Forms 1099 and 1096.
- Preparing sales tax returns.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, technical and research skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics.
- Be dedicated to providing personalized attention and service.
- Be an initiative-taking and strategic solution provider.
- Be a relationship builder.
- Be a collaborative team player.
- Be trustworthy.
- Be kind.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software programs and QuickBooks (QuickBooks Pro Advisor is a plus).
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers health insurance, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off (PTO), support for continuing professional education (CPE) and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) with a matching employer contribution. Our office is family-friendly with flextime and summer hours available.
This position offers variety and an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the firm. Mathieson, Moyski, Austin & Co. is deeply committed to our employees, the community, and the clients we serve. To learn more about how you might fit in as a valued member of our team, please contact Jennifer Grealish Banks at email@example.com or 630-315-9461.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org