We are a growing public accounting and financial services firm in the western suburbs of Chicago seeking a full-time administrative assistant for our tax services department.
At MMA, we pride ourselves on becoming trusted business advisors to our clients. We do this by providing the expert advice and leading-edge solutions you would expect from a larger firm, coupled with an unwavering commitment to providing prompt and personalized service. We understand that our clients are unique, and we tailor our approach and services accordingly.
Overall Job Responsibility:
This position is full-time from January through April and September through December and part-time from May through August. The hours and workdays will vary from time to time depending on the workload and schedule. This position requires advanced administrative and computer skills. Advanced skill level using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. MMA is at the forefront of technology, knowledge in using Thomsen Reuters products, SafeSend and SurePrep would be desirable.
Additional work will be required on evenings and weekends depending on the amount and nature of work outstanding. The incumbent will be required to work overtime as approved by immediate supervisor. This position will provide high-level administrative support for tax engagements to the Firm’s Partners.
• Provides Partners, Managers and Firm Administrator support with regard to correspondence and administrative processes.
• Oversees client tax organizers and other year-end communications with clients from inception to mailing, collaborating with Firm Administrator.
• Processes client tax returns and other deliverables throughout the year, ensuring quality and timeliness.
• Ensures accurate scanning and assembly of tax returns & workpapers, as needed.
• In conjunction with Firm Administrator, develops new processes and procedures as needed to improve communications among staff and with clients.
• In conjunction with lead department partner and Firm Administrator, coordinates and ensures proper routing for tax department using workflow software.
• Assists with departmental meetings and training, providing minutes as needed.
• Generates and maintains client files, including client engagement letters and correspondence.
• Provides technical and clerical support to tax staff and orients new staff regarding processes, software, work product, etc.
• Provides switchboard relief as scheduled.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics.
• Provide personalized attention and service.
• Be a proactive and strategic solution provider.
• Be a relationship builder.
• Be a collaborative team player.
• Be trustworthy.
• Be kind.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers health insurance, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off (PTO), and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) with a matching employer contribution. Our office is family-friendly with flextime and summer hours available.
This position offers variety and an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the firm. Mathieson, Moyski, Austin & Co. is deeply committed to our employees, the community, and the clients we serve. To learn more about how you might fit in as a valued member of our team, please contact Jennifer Grealish Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-315-9461.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com